Our School Uniform
Children are expected to wear school uniform because it promotes a sense of pride and belonging. On a practical note, it is often easier for parents if the children know what they have to wear each day. This uniform has been decided upon in consultation with the children of our school and in line with recent government policy changes.
Please note that trainers are not part of the school uniform. This is because we think that this footwear is appropriate for sport/PE or for leisurewear activities but is not in keeping with the smart appearance of a school uniform. We require all children to wear black sensible school shoes (not boots)
Large rucksacks and bags must not be sent to school as these present storage problems.
School Uniform can be purchased at the shop detailed below or ordered via their website (details are also below).
Please see Mrs Loader in order to purchase school ties.
Parents guide to buying school uniform:
We are in partnership with County Print and Embroidery (a family run company based in Ashford High Street: Chapel Mews, North St, Ashford TN24 8JN) for them to supply our school uniform. In their shop they will hold stock of our uniform for parents to walk in and purchase - thus removing the need for waiting times or postage costs.
You will be able to order online for collection in store or, for an additional cost, home delivery.
All other items of uniform required for school are generic, unembroidered items and thus, parents have the choice of where they would like to purchase these.
For reference our school uniform is as follows:
For The General School Day:
- Navy Blue Embroidered V-Neck Jumper or Cardigan (Required - Specific - Available at County Print and Embroidery)
- White Shirt (Required - Generic)
- Pluckley Yellow and Blue Tie - Yr R - Y5 (Required - Specific - Available from Mrs Loader - £3.30)
- Pluckley Navy Blue Logoed Tie - Y6 (Required - Specific - Gifted by school)
- Grey School Trousers / Skirt / Pinafore (Required - Generic)
- Grey School Shorts / Yellow School Summer Dress (Not required, optional only during warmer weather - Generic)
- White, Grey or Black Socks (Required - Generic)
- Black School Shoes (No Trainers or Boots) (Required - Generic)
For PE Lessons:
- Navy Blue Round Neck Jumper (Required - Generic)
- Navy Blue T-Shirt (Required - Generic)
- Navy Blue Shorts (Required - Generic)
- Navy Blue Jogging Bottoms or Leggings (Required during colder weather - Generic)
- Trainers (Suitable for sports - not highly decorated ‘fashion’ trainers) or Black Plimsolls (Required - Generic)