Open Mornings for Prospective Parents
Do you have a child starting school in September 2020- if so we would be delighted to introduce you to our school. Our open days for any new prospective parents not just reception children.
Our open days are on Wednesday 30th October and Wednesday 20th November.
From 9.30am, 11.00am and 14.00pm. we will be holding a talk and conducting tours for any prospective parents.
Please contact the school office 01233 840422 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact the school office to arrange a visit tel: 01233 840422
As well as our Reception Class intake each year in September, we also accept in year admissions. Please contact the school office to find out the current availability of places.
Pluckley Church of England Primary School provides a high quality education in an idyllic rural location. We are at the heart of the community and are justly proud of our achievements. Please read below comments that have been made about our school from parents, pupils, Ofsted and others.
Comments from parents :
· Communication with parents is good, staff are always friendly and welcoming, always going above and beyond.
· My children love school, the teachers are amazing and I have complete trust.
· Providing a happy safe environment with excellent pastoral care for my children to learn in.
· My children are new to the school and I am so happy and my children are happy here, and they have a lovely teacher.
· The school has great values which I hope will continue to be upheld, Pluckley School strives to achieve high standards in education.
· Brilliant teaching!
· Parent teacher communication is excellent. My child feels very happy and safe.
· Good standard of teaching and extra-curricular activities.
· Working well with parents to improve any problems that children may have.
· Brilliant introduction into reception for parents and children.
2013 Church Inspection:"This school is a joyful Christian community. Everyone is accepted, well cared for and loved. The Christian ethos is implicit in all that the school does. Its pupils are confident, articulate, reflective and kind.They are well prepared to continue with the next phase of their education."
2011 Section 8 ICT inspection:"Pupils’ behaviour in lessons is outstanding. They take turns, help each other and are very willing to support each other’s learning."
2010 Section 5 Inspection:"The school shows outstanding strengths in pupils' spiritual moral, social and cultural development, the excellent care, guidance and support it offers all of its pupils, but more especially the most vulnerable."
Further information regarding admissions can be found via the following links:
How to appeal a school offer
If you are unhappy with the school place you have been offered you can appeal for any schools you named in your application.
We recommend that you still accept the place your child has been offered. This will not affect your appeal and will guarantee your child has a school place if your appeal is unsuccessful. If your appeal is successful you must remember to tell the school you were originally offered that you no longer want the place.
Further information regarding appeals can be found via the following link:
Appeals timeline for September 2019 intake is as follow:
You can appeal between 16th April and 21st May to guarantee your appeal will bee heard by 23th July 2019.
If the school application was made in the normal round of applications appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline.
If it was a late application, appeals should be heard within 40 school days of the deadline where possible, or within 30 schools days of making the appeal.
Pluckley Church of England Primary School - Admission Criteria
If the school is oversubscribed we use the criteria set out in the document below, to decide which children get places.